20 March 2012

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!


Welcome to the world of high quality, super yummy miniature food jewelry!  These little pieces are
oh-so-cute-- crafted with handmade polymer clay.
All of these fantastic items are from the Pumpkin Pye Boutique.

The fabulous designer behinds these creations is Tiffany Battel.  With over 18 years of experience and a degree in Ceramic Arts, she’s become an expert at meticulously molding each piece of jewelry.   

 I had a chance to sit down with her to talk about her tiny creations.

Why did you enter into the world of selling?
I've always been into anything artsy crafty since I could walk. June 11, 2008 was the night before I was scheduled to have my daughter, I was playing around with an old bag of polymer clay that I've had stored away for years! I created a few things for fun like I used to, always small miniature things like figurines and charms for jewelry. June 12, 2008, I had my daughter and weeks after having her I found out I was laid off from my job. Worried and stressed about not having any income, I took the plunge into the online world of selling. I created a few pieces, took pictures and opened up 2 online shops at once. Took the bull by the horns by opening up 2 shops at once, but I needed to take care of my baby and provide for my family and nothing was
 going to stop me from doing this.
What have you learned most about operating your own business?
That its only YOU in this business and you have to wear the hats of every job. I am the owner, the artist, the book keeper, the shipper and heck, even the janitor! Lots of hats to be worn here as well as developing great organization skills and patience.

What do you love about your job?
The products I create make people smile. They take one look and can't help but to crack a smile or laugh out loud. I absolutely love seeing that! Even when I'm not out in the public selling at events, the email responses I get back from people who have received my products are so kind and say the nicest things!

What inspires you the most in your creations?
My daughter. If it wasn't for Ava, I wouldn't be doing what I love today and have turned 
it into a full time business.

Where can we find you online!
Twitter- @PumpkinPye Instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment