07 June 2012

How to Depot your Eyeshadows

Written by TalithaHaynes, Guest Blogger

Friday night is my evening to hang out with the girls. I want to look my best. Hair-check. Outfit-check.  Oh yeah, makeup-check. The problem, I'm always late. The reason, I'm rumbling through my makeup trying to find which colors look best. I started building my makeup kit and it's a MESS. I have about seven MAC eye shadows I want to have all in one place.  So, I decided to “depot” my eye shadows.  “Depot” is just a fancy word for popping the eyeshadow out of its case and moving it into an empty palette.

Here are five simple steps to help you depot your MAC shadow:
 Second, take your nail file or scissors and pop your eyeshadow out of its case.

Third, Take the pot and the empty case, place them  on the flat iron, for about 5-10 seconds (of course the flatiron has to be hot). This is going to melt the glue under the pot  (be careful it may be a little hot). The heat on the empty case helps to melt the sticker with the eyeshadow's name.
Fourth, take your pot and bend the corners. This is going to get the shadow off the glue.

Finally,  take your magnetic sticker and place it on the bottom of the eyeshadow. Then, place the shadow in empty palette space. The palette has a magnet so that your shadows will stay in place.

Now you have a palette. Don't forget to save the empty container  MAC has a recycling program. For every six empty container that you take back to the MAC store. MAC  will give you a free lip stick, eyeshadow or lip glass.

Check out more on Talitha's Makeup Tips on her blog and facebook page!  

No comments:

Post a Comment