01 April 2014

6 Reasons to Buy Homemade



This weekend, my hubby & I went to the Odd Duck Bazzar Craft Fair in Hollywood, Florida! I am obsessed with all things handmade! Here are some reasons why you should buy handmade goodies!

1. You are supporting local artisans and craftspeople and not large big box stores.


2.  It guarantees that no one will give the same gift as you!

3. You are telling the gift recipient that you cared enough about them-- to buy something unique and special!
Check out this cute raccoon I got for my neice! It's from Luna Soleil Creations!
4. It's always a nice feeling to "go green." Your items are not made in a factory & shipped around the world--using fuel and energy! 
The Best Banana Bread EVER! Troy found some yummy treats from Jen's Just for You!
5. Handmade gifts are the BEST! These gifts are cool, trendy and usually one of a kind! 

6. Warm Fuzzy Feeling-- I remember being strapped for cash-selling my little crochet creations just trying to pay my bills.  Knowing that you helped support someone directly is amazing!

Check out these awesome crafts we found at the Odd Duck Bazaar! 

Hand Painted Vases

Origami Paper Flowers

Comic Book Wallets
Cow Felt Sandals
 
Someone likes these felt animals!
 "Lucky Duckies" at the Odd Duck Bazaar

 

No comments:

Post a Comment